The NEP Biodiversity Group aims to deliver biodiversity targets, as described in the NEP Biodiversity Group TOR Dec 2014. The Group will promote work at landscape-scale focusing on Biodiversity Opportunity Areas (BOAs) and key sites which support biodiversity such as Local Wildlife Sites (LWS). The Group will develop and promote partnership, including the establishment of active leads for BOAs, engagement with land managers and other sectors such as health and business.
Best Practice Information
The second edition of the Biodiversity and Planning in Buckinghamshire Guidance was published in March 2014. The document has been produced by Berks Bucks and Oxon Wildlife Trust in collaboration with members of the Biodiversity Partnership.
The document contains
- A framework for the consideration of biodiversity in the planning process
- Summaries of relevant legislation and planning policies
- Maps showing designated sites in the county
- Maps indicating protected and priority species and priority habitats
- Maps showing Biodiversity Opportunity Areas and Green Infrastructure Networks
This guidance document is of use to
- Planning Officers
- Environmental Consultants