The Biodiversity and Planning Group are evaluating options and opportunities at a county-wide basis for improvements in efficiency, simplification and recognition for the impacts of development on biodiversity. It is considering Biodiversity Accounting techniques and provides responses to local plans.
Best Practice Information
The second edition of the Biodiversity and Planning in Buckinghamshire Guidance was published in March 2014. The document has been produced by Berks Bucks and Oxon Wildlife Trust in collaboration with members of the Biodiversity Partnership.
The document contains
- A framework for the consideration of biodiversity in the planning process
- Summaries of relevant legislation and planning policies
- Maps showing designated sites in the county
- Maps indicating protected and priority species and priority habitats
- Maps showing Biodiversity Opportunity Areas and Green Infrastructure Networks
This guidance document is of use to
- Planning Officers
- Environmental Consultants